As we announced today at a press conference in San Francisco, the Dell Cloud Solutions are now available. Included in that group is the Dell Cloud Solution for Data Warehousing. This offering combines Dell PowerEdge C servers and Greenplum Database 4.0 enabling the building of enterprise data warehouses and the consolidation of data marts into massively parallel processing environments.
On Monday of this week I stopped by the Greenplum offices in San Mateo, CA. I sat down with Bill Cook, SVP of EMC’s Data Computing Division, and former CEO of Greenplum (EMC acquired Greenplum this past summer). Above is a short interview we did.
Some of the ground Bill covers
- What Bill sees as the main advantages to partnering with Dell in this space.
- How Greenplum’s software works with Dell’s hardware to solve customer problems.
- How customers are looking to data to help drive their businesses.
More to come: Stay tuned for a more in depth look at the Greenplum/Dell architecture.
Pau for now…
- Dell Data Center Solutions Unit Momentum Builds; Helps Customers Easily Build And Deploy Cloud And Hyperscale Computing Infrastructures
- Datawarehouser Greenplum — Talking to President and Founder, Scott Yara