Today we announced the completion of our Force10 Networks acquisition. Force10 is a leader in high-performance data center networking. This is our latest investment to broaden our networking portfolio.
Combining Force10 with our current PowerConnect portfolio allow us to offer a comprehensive switching strategy for data center, enterprise and campus/branch environments.
We believe the data center is the central connecting point for users to the information they need to run their businesses. Whether that architecture is a traditional data center or a cloud environment, users now demand access to their data and applications anytime, anywhere.
The end user’s experience in accessing information is based upon the ability to fluently traverse multiple networks. The network infrastructure to deliver that application or information is critical, regardless of location or end point device. We believe the network must be transformed into a streamlined, efficient, and policy-driven network that is responsive to changing applications and end-user demands.
Force10 is a global technology leader in data center networking for service providers and enterprise customers. Its Open Cloud Networking based on open standards, automation and virtualization matches Dell’s philosophy. Force10’s technology allows customers to transform their network infrastructures into an open, reliable and scalable data center and cloud computing fabric.
Force10 provides global service and support capabilities in more than 60 countries through a direct sales force and an extensive network of channel partners and systems integrators. We are committed to maintaining and growing Force10’s channel program. Force10’s customers include leading Web 2.0 and Fortune 100 companies, Internet portals, global carriers, leading research laboratories and government organizations with some of the world’s most demanding network environments.
A few of the things that set Force10 apart include:
- Flexible, open automation and management for increased infrastructure control and visibility.
- Automated policy configuration and workload mobility for improved operational agility.
- High-performance top-of-rack and data center core networking solutions for next- generation solutions.
Lastly, allow me to touch on a couple of things that we consider key tenets of our approach to networking – which we call Virtual Network Services Infrastructure:
- Automation of virtual machine management and movement across data centers regardless of scale while maintaining visibility, security policies and resource efficiency.
- Enable improved manageability to reduce IT resources and deployments by standardizing IT processes while consolidating storage, server and networking infrastructures.
- Deliver a cost-effective, flexible and efficient networking infrastructure which instantly responds to evolving application needs for agile, business-driven responsiveness.
We’re really looking forward to making this a successful transition as we add Force10 to our solutions portfolio.
Statements in this post that relate to future results and events are forward-looking statements based on Dell’s current expectations. Actual results and events in future periods may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements because of a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that projected benefits may not materialize as expected; that the transaction may not be timely completed, if at all; that Dell is unable to successfully implement the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including the execution of integration strategies; and other risks that are described in Dell’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. Dell undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.