Half Christmas is here and we’ve got a present for you.
Alienware’s adoption of Max-Q technology provides the highest performance possible in a 15.6” notebook, while lowering the power consumption to 110 watts, and continuing our tradition of designing outstanding products tailored specifically for gamers.
While Max-Q design is engineered for a thin gaming laptop, our design team’s focus on what our customers want means we didn’t change the basic form factor of the Alienware 15 for Max-Q.
“We’ll go as thin as we feel comfortable,” Director of PC Product Planning Joe Olmsted told CNET recently. “We weigh those tradeoffs a lot, and gamers would prefer a good full deep-dished keyboard.”
So we will continue to provide uncompromised gaming experience with a premium keyboard and thermals on Alienware 15 that allows for higher wattage and greater performance. Just what sort of performance are we talking? Here are the results of our testing:
Alienware 15 notebooks with Max-Q technology will offer the highest total graphics power (TGP) available (110W) while continuing to offer outstanding features that gamers appreciate including:
- The Alienware TactX RGB keyboard with 2.2mm of travel, steel back plate for rigidity and true n-key rollover.
- Full AlienFX lighting for deeper game immersion.
- An industry-leading 99WHr battery for full-gaming power away from your AC adapter.
- Full complement of I/O for the most popular gaming devices including multiple USB 3.1 ports, HDMI, mDP, Gigabit Ethernet, and two audio ports.
- The ability to upgrade and add new components like memory and storage with two SODIMMS and one HDD and three SSD slots
- Dynamic CPU overclocking to insure you get as much performance as possible every second.
- High-quality webcam supporting Windows Hello facial recognition with dual-array microphones for streaming, Skyping, or just talking with your teammates when you leave your headset at home.
- Outstanding display quality designed specifically for gaming including G-sync, wide viewing angles, 120Hz refresh, brilliant colors, and high luminance.
- A touchpad you can actually use with tactile buttons in a convenient location for both lefties and righties.
- Programmable macro keys that allow you to reduce a series of repetitive keystrokes to a single click.
- Great acoustics: “the cooling fans are nearly silent while the speakers pack a really nice punch” notes Linus Tech Tips. (below)
So if you’re ready for new performance never before possible in Alienware 15. Future graphics, memory and storage upgradability are important to you. And, you would like a laptop design that insures your fingertips won’t burn as your game heats up.
Then Merry Half Christmas to you!