Organizations are dealing with more data than ever before. However, managing these large volumes of structured and unstructured data can often exceed the capacity of traditional data intelligence systems. To meet this growing need, Dell, together with Cloudera, is working with Intel to offer Hadoop solutions to help organizations of all sizes optimize their data.
Now with the updates to Dell QuickStart 5.3 for Cloudera Hadoop, there are three unique Hadoop solutions from Dell to allow customers to enter a Hadoop solution at an aggressively priced entry point:
- A fully-supported Hadoop starter bundle offered in Dell QuickStart 5.3 for Cloudera Hadoop
- A full production Hadoop solution in the Dell | Cloudera Apache Hadoop Solution Reference Architectures
- An in-memory analytics solution in the Dell In-Memory Appliance for Cloudera Enterprise for more sophisticated Hadoop users.
Additionally, Dell customers can receive help at each point in their Hadoop journey with full consulting, hardware, software, services and support.
Today we release our second version of Dell QuickStart 5.3 for Cloudera Hadoop. With the updates to QuickStart 5.3, we continue to deliver:
- A simplified procurement and deployment solution
- The ability to respond to business needs more quickly
- IT resources focused on driving strategic value from the platform (rather than time spent deploying it)
- A bundled Hadoop solution with an open and a secure platform
The system is powered by Dell’s PowerEdge R730/R730XD servers. These 2U rack servers are exceptionally flexible and scalable, delivering high performance processing and a wide range of workload-optimized local storage possibilities. The system also offers:
- The latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 processors
- Six distinct storage configurations
- Two Dell switches: S55 and S4810
- Cloudera Basic Edition
- Rack and stack
- OS deployment and setup
As data continues to play a greater role in decision-making for organizations, it’s important to choose a partner with the knowledge, expertise, tools and solutions for making it easy to deploy big data solutions.
You can learn more about Dell QuickStart 5.3 for Cloudera Hadoop here.