I think most of us try to make a difference in our customers’ businesses. And, when we understand our customers’ pain points, we are better able to provide solutions that address their needs and positively impact their organizations.
data management (iCDM)
Critical business processes require multiple copies of each database’s and application’s data for development, analytics, operations, and data protection. To improve organizational agility and competitiveness, more is better—more copies, more frequently, with more operational self-service across the process cycles.
Today, industry analysts, vendors, and customers alike consider copy data management (CDM) a true challenge …Typically there are 5-12 copies for each production database.. A $44billion challenge, according to IDC. In addition, IDC estimates that up to 60% of an organization’s IT storage hardware and infrastructure budget is consumed by copy data management—and copy data sprawl. As a result, to many IT organizations, CDM represents an immense financial and operational burden.
EMC XtremIO pioneered the concept of integrated Copy Data Management, or iCDM. Simply put, iCDM is the ability to consolidate both primary data and its associated copies on the same scale-out all-flash array, and delivers an effective, scalable and space efficient option for integrated CDM.
EMC XtremIO iCDM is built from the following foundations:
Therefore EMC XtremIO iCDM enables copies that are:
is much more cost-effective than software-based approaches.
EMC XtremIO iCDM has caught the attention of industry experts and analysts. Here are just a few of the articles:
- StorageReview: XtremIO Introduces iCDM to Tackle the Issue of Copy Data, Adam Armstrong,
October 27, 2015
- ZDNet: EMC Pitches Integrated Content Data Management to XtremIO Customers, Larry Dignan, October 27, 2015
- SiliconANGLE: How EMC’s All-Flash Array Demystifies Storage for DBAs, R. Danes, October 26, 2015
- IDC Spotlight on XtremIO Snapshots – March 2015
- ESG TCO LAB Analysis of XtremIO – July 2015
EMC XtremIO iCDM is a unique differentiator that only EMC offers. Use this “secret weapon” to combat your customers’ copy data management issues.
Here are three things you can do to positively impact your customers’ IT organizations—and your bottom line—with EMC XtremIO iCDM:
2. Demonstrate the transformational capabilities of EMC XtremIO.
- Leverage the tools and use cases found in the XtremIO FastPass and on the XtremIO Enablement Center.
- Contact an XtremIO specialist; or, if you don’t know of an XtremIO specialist, please reach out to me directly (Rima.Robinson@emc.com).
- Share this blog and video demo to initiate and drive more successful customer conversations on copy data management.
- Provide application teams separate lifecycle copies instantly—with no space or SLA impact?
- Deliver real-time and on-demand decision-support extractions, and the resulting accelerated analytics workflows?
- Deploy an all-flash infrastructure to achieve dramatically improved performance at LESS THAN HALF the cost of an existing infrastructure?
- Reduce storage sprawl—while streamlining dev/ops, QA, BI/analytics and data protection—to create a transformed, more agile organization?
With EMC XtremIO iCDM, every single one of these abilities is within reach.