The availability of cloud computing services has grown exponentially over the past decade. Today, organizations can rely on elastic cloud computing services for virtual IT infrastructure, Software-as-a -Service (SaaS) offerings, network storage, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions and more.
But as organizations have adopted multiple cloud computing services and cloud infrastructure, the task of managing this multi-cloud architecture has become incredibly complex. Hybrid cloud technology provides an alternative, with solutions for unifying multiple clouds on a single management plane with a common set of tools. For enterprises looking to successfully deploy and manage hybrid cloud environments, Dell Technologies provides a platform with comprehensive hardware and software solutions.
The remarkable growth of cloud computing services enables enterprises today to work with multiple providers as they seek the optimal cloud resources and cost flexibility for running specific workloads. By aligning the needs of applications and requirements of the business with the advantages of different cloud offerings, IT teams can improve application efficiency and performance while reducing costs and accessing new services like containers, serverless technologies, data analytics and AI/ML platforms.
While working with multiple cloud computing services offer tremendous benefits, it also adds additional complexity. Each cloud service and cloud platform comes with its own set of tools, different SLAs, inconsistent security postures and unpredictable costs. Managing multiple cloud computing services can result in a higher operational expenses and incompatible silos of infrastructure and ultimately may prove ineffective at scale. As a result, enterprises may have a harder time achieving the levels of innovation that originally spurred their move to the cloud.
To solve this challenge, many organizations are moving from a multi-cloud architecture to a hybrid cloud model. While multi-cloud solutions provide access to a cloud computing services with no means for connecting them, a hybrid cloud unifies public, private and edge cloud resources with a consistent management experience for orchestrating workloads across clouds more easily.
The key to benefiting from a hybrid cloud is to choose a partner with solutions that can simplify deployment and management of hybrid cloud infrastructure. That’s where Dell Technologies can help.
Dell Technologies Cloud uses the expertise of Dell Technologies to provide a simple and secure path for enterprises to adopt hybrid cloud infrastructure. This jointly engineered solution provides a consistent operating model and simplified management across private clouds, public clouds and edge locations, reducing the cloud and complexity of multiple clouds and allowing application and business requirements to determine which cloud resources and cloud computing services are ideal for each workload.
Dell Technologies Cloud includes:
• VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail(VCF) , a fully integrated Dell Technologies HCI system that’s jointly engineered with VMware and delivered as a turnkey option.
• VMware Cloud on Dell Technologies, a Data Center-as-a-Service that’s offered as a fully managed, subscription-based service for data center and edge locations.
• Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs, a collection of best-of-breed Dell Technologies storage, compute and networking resources that are pre-tested for interoperability with VMware Cloud Foundation.
• Dell Technologies partner clouds with support for more than 4,200 major cloud providers, including AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
When managing hybrid cloud computing services with Dell Technologies Cloud, enterprises can:
• Simplify management and operations with a common set of tools and consistent infrastructure.
• Optimize costs with flexible hybrid pricing models.
• Align workloads with the right cloud computing services and an optimal mix of public, private and edge cloud resources.
• Simplify migration by leveraging pre-engineered solutions.
• Enforce security policies across all IT environments and maintain visibility and control over applications and data.
• Accelerate innovation with access to elastic capacity for rapid scale up and scale down.
In addition to hardware and software, Dell Technologies offers a wide range of services that can help to ensure the success of hybrid cloud deployments. Dell Technologies Services provide industry experts, strategic guidance and proven practical capabilities to accelerate time to value for digital transformation.
Our services include:
• Deployment services. Bring new hybrid cloud investments online as quickly as possible, accelerating adoption and ROI and freeing your IT staff for more strategic work.
• Support services. Resolve problems faster with groundbreaking technology backed by experts who can help to maximize productivity, uptime and convenience.
• Consulting services. Work with consultants who leverage prescriptive approaches and proven methodologies for planning and executing a move to hybrid cloud.
• Managed services. Optimize IT operations and investments with managed services backed by guaranteed service levels, reducing the cost, complexity and risk of managing hybrid cloud infrastructure.
• Education services. Empower talent and teams with the skills required to manage hybrid cloud infrastructure and execute transformational strategy to drive competitive advantage.
What are cloud computing services?
Cloud computing services are highly scalable hardware and software resources that can be accessed via the Internet. Cloud computing services include everything from infrastructure (servers, storage and networking) to applications, databases, analytics, intelligence, software development platforms and more.
What is IaaS vs PaaS vs SaaS?
Cloud computing services generally fall into three buckets: Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). IaaS offerings provide computing infrastructure like virtualization, servers, storage and networking. PaaS solutions provide a platform for developing, testing and deploying applications. And SaaS offerings provide applications that can be accessed via a web browser.
Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs bring cloud capabilities to demanding workloads, driving improved performance, faster time to value, and cloud investment protection.
Dell Technologies Cloud can help modernize your data center, unify hybrid cloud operations, build modern cloud apps, and scale or migrate cloud workloads.
Simplify, streamline and automate cloud operations with Dell Technologies Cloud — the industry's fastest hybrid cloud deployment.