Why Should I Consider Cloud Infrastructure?
Organizations leverage cloud infrastructure to build hybrid and private clouds that deliver cloud computing services. To fully effectively deliver the benefits of cloud computing, organizations are implementing cloud-enabled infrastructure as part of their data center modernization.
How Does Cloud Infrastructure Work?
Cloud computing infrastructure includes the following components:
- Servers - physical servers provide "host" machines for multiple virtual machines (VMs) or "guests'
- Virtualization - virtualization technologies abstract physical elements and location. IT resources – servers, applications, desktops, storage, and networking – are uncoupled from physical devices and presented as logical resources.
- Storage - SAN, network attached storage (NAS), and unified systems provide storage for primary block and file data, data archiving, backup, and business continuance.
- Network - switches interconnect physical servers and storage.
- Management - cloud infrastructure management includes server, network, and storage orchestration, configuration management, performance monitoring, storage resource management, and usage metering
- Security - components ensure information security and data integrity, fulfill compliance and confidentiality needs, manage risk, and provide governance.
- Backup & recovery - virtual servers, NAS, and virtual desktops are backed up automatically.
- Infrastructure systems - pre-integrated software and hardware, such as complete backup systems with de-duplication and pre-racked platforms containing servers, hypervisor, network, and storage, streamline cloud infrastructure deployment and further reduce complexity.
What Are The Benefits of Cloud Infrastructure?
Infrastructure built for cloud computing provides numerous benefits:
- Flexible and efficient utilization of infrastructure investments
- Faster deployment of physical and virtual resources
- Higher application service levels
- Less administrative overhead
- Lower infrastructure, energy, and facility costs
- Increased security