Dell EMC Support Service Descriptions
The following is intended to help clarify the terms and conditions governing each level of Dell EMC Support, whether purchased originally from VCE or through EMC or one of VCE’s authorized channel partners.
Vblock™, VxBlock™, VxRack™ branded products sold prior to 2018, VxRack Flex, and VxRack SDDC (13G and earlier) systems (collectively considered “VCE-supported”) are configured and sold with at least the ProSupport level of Dell EMC support and come with a standard warranty. For more information regarding service offerings or to access the Dell EMC support portal, visit: https://support-dellemc-com.secure.force.com. As a result, regardless of what level of support is purchased, ALL of the following sets of terms and conditions apply:
- Dell EMC Support Services Terms: These terms and conditions govern the provision of support purchased from VCE. A copy of such terms is available HERE.
- Dell EMC Limited Hardware Warranty: Although warranty and support are sometimes erroneously used interchangeably, the warranty from Dell EMC on the Hardware it sells (as stated in the Standard Agreement or in more detail available HERE) is separate and different than the above support services.
- End-of-Service Life Cycle Policy for Converged Systems: This document provides general knowledge regarding the End-of-Service Life Cycle process for Dell EMC-Supported Systems. The policy provides an approximate timeline for when a product may transition from General Availability to End-of-Life (EOL) to End-of-Primary Support (EOPS) to End-of-Service Life (EOSL).
- End-of-Service Life Dashboard for Converged Systems: Dell EMC and VCE follow generally established industry Product Life Cycle definitions and practices. These define the milestones for a product introduction to market, changes in product availability in the market, and changes to availability of product support. The End-of-Service Life Dashboard is a listing of all VCE-Supported products and their life cycle milestones.
- Support Matrices: This document outlines the support offered for components of Dell EMC VxBlock, Vblock, and VxFlex integrated rack system solutions. Those critical components include the Dell EMC Advanced Management Platforms (AMPs), Dell EMC Converged Technology Extensions, and Dell EMC Integrated Data Protection.
- VxBlock Central Workflow Automation Library: VxBlock Central Workflow Automation helps orchestrate IT processes across compute, storage, and network layers in both physical and virtual environments. Developed to integrate with VMware vRealize Orchestrator, VxBlock Central Workflow Automation reduces administration overhead by providing a library of engineered workflows.
- Dell EMC VxBlock Systems CRU list: Physical infrastructure provides power and environmental control for your converged infrastructure. This document lists components of the infrastructure that can be replaced by a user without support.
In addition to the above, if a higher level of support services is purchased from Dell EMC, ONE (and generally only one) of the following sets of terms and conditions will also apply (as applicable):