Enterprises today are increasingly turning to a broad range of cloud computing solutions to compete more effectively by increasing agility, reducing costs and improving scalability. But what is cloud computing exactly, and how does it benefit businesses and IT departments? Here we will discuss these questions in details, and offer information about industry-leading cloud products from Dell Technologies.
Simplify, streamline and automate cloud operations with Dell Technologies Cloud — the industry's fastest hybrid cloud deployment.
Dell Technologies Cloud enables consistent cloud management across all major public, private and hybrid clouds with a single vendor experience.
Dell Technologies Cloud can help modernize your data center, unify hybrid cloud operations, build modern cloud apps and scale or migrate cloud workloads.
Cloud computing enables organizations to access computing technology that is delivered as-a-Service over the Internet or via a dedicated network connection. Rather than buying, installing and managing computing technology on premises — servers, storage, applications, databases, networks and more — organizations can access a shared pool of convenient, on-demand computing resources that are offered, managed and upgraded by a third-party provider.
Cloud computing makes it easy for organizations to rapidly provision resources from cloud providers, scaling quickly and easily as demand for computing resources increases. Organizations can release resources just as easily while paying only for the resources they consume.
A public cloud is a third-party cloud computing service that offers services to a number of clients while a private cloud provides resources for a single company from infrastructure that may reside within the company’s own data center. Both public and private clouds are built on virtualization and provide IT resources via the internet or a dedicated network connection.
Cloud computing enables businesses to always have the computing resources they require to take advantage of business opportunities, respond to threats and change direction as market conditions dictate. Cloud computing helps to accelerate innovation while minimizing capital costs, enabling businesses to compete more effectively.
Cloud computing frees IT teams from the need to continuously install, manage and upgrade new computing resources. Cloud services can be provisioned far more rapidly than on-premises infrastructure, and cloud resources can deliver superior performance and reliability, allowing IT teams to better serve the needs of the business.
Multi-cloud computing is a cloud architecture that uses multiple public cloud solutions. Some multi-cloud deployments also include private cloud infrastructure. A multi-cloud architecture enables IT teams to choose the most suitable cloud resources for each application and workload, though individual cloud platforms remain unconnected.
Like multi-cloud computing, a hybrid cloud infrastructure uses multiple cloud platforms but includes at least one public and one private cloud solution. A hybrid cloud also includes technology that connects the platforms for easier application and data portability, providing a common set of tools that simplifies management across all public, private and edge cloud resources.
The major types of cloud computing include:
• Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions that provide access to infrastructure such as servers, virtual machines, storage, networks and operating systems on a pay-as-you-go basis.
• Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions that provide an on-demand environment for developing and testing software, web and mobile applications.
• Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions that provide users with-on-demand access to a software application, typically using a web browser.
Dell Technologies Cloud is a suite of cloud solutions that utilizes the expertise of Dell Technologies to provide a consistent operating model for easier management of public, private and edge cloud resources. With Dell Technologies Cloud, IT teams can simplify operations, improve cloud economics, eliminate operational silos and manage a hybrid cloud infrastructure with ease.
Dell Technologies Cloud includes:
• A turnkey platform, VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) on VxRail, that provides everything IT teams need to run, manage, automate and secure an entire application portfolio across multiple clouds.
• Best-of-breed infrastructure that is pre-tested for interoperability with VCF through Dell Technologies cloud Validated Designs, allowing IT teams to build hybrid cloud infrastructure with independent scaling of storage and compute to meet the demands of legacy applications as well as demanding next-generation workloads.
• A fully-managed, subscription-based Data Center-as-a-Service solution, VMware Cloud on Dell Technologies, that combines the speed and flexibility of public cloud with the security and control of on-premises infrastructure.
• Support for partner clouds, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and 4,200 additional cloud partners, helping to provide a seamless hybrid cloud experience.
Dell Technologies On Demand offers flexible, usage-based IT consumption models that lower cloud operation costs and speed deployment times.
Dell Technologies Data Center-as-a-Service (DCaaS) provides the speed and flexibility of public cloud with the security and control of a private cloud.
Dell Technologies Dell Technologies Cloud Platform (DTCP) powers the industry's fastest hybrid cloud deployment, with full integration with VMware Cloud Foundation.