Prizes & Benefits
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below:
First place will receive a cash prize of $5,000
Second place will receive a cash prize of $4,000
Third place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000
All the Top 10 team members will get recognition certificates for their achievement.
We will be offering a mentoring opportunity by Dell Experts for our finalists projects (who will pass the interim phase to the final one)
A formal award ceremony will be organized at one of the major Dell Technologies events in the region. All the members of the winning team and their academic advisor(s) will be invited to attend the ceremony along with senior officials from their university/college.
Dell Technologies Mentoring Opportunity
This year, we are to happy to announce that we will be offering a mentoring opportunity for our finalists projects ( who will pass the interim phase to the final one). Below, you can understand more about our responsibilities and commitment during this period.
Dell Mentoring consists of a limited-term relationship focused on supporting the growth and development of the mentee. The mentor becomes a source of wisdom, teaching, and support, but not someone who observes and advises on specific actions or behavioral changes in daily work. In general, mentoring offers incredibly valuable developmental support, high-level guidance for long-term development. More specific, he/she
And Does Not
- Provide mentorship and support in the planning of projects throughout the final phase of the competition till the completion;
- offer encouragement and support to try new things; help mentors move out their comfort zones; celebrate successes; help mentees understand when things do not go as planned
- Helps you see the destination but does not give you a detailed map to get there.
- Offers encouragement and cheerleading, but not "how-to" advice.
The mentoring will start directly after the interim design report results. A mentor will be assigned to each finalist.
- Serve as an advisor, as explained above. The project has one advisor which is your university professor.
- Tell students how to do things.
- Support students on transactional, short-term problems.
- Serve as a counselor or therapist.
Dell Technologies Responsibilities:
Advisee’s role with their mentor(s):
- A monthly Check-point which will be for one hour and online.
- Offer guidance, recommendations, resources and tools whenever it is available and can add value to your project.
- Focus on being coachable and open to hearing feedback from your mentor whether or not it's positive.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for unvarnished advice or critiques. Practice your skills as a good listener, take what you can use, and leave the rest.
- To provide structure for the relationship, specify upfront some initial project goals you have, such as learning specific procedures or processes, or preparing for a future plan, for example.
- Discuss with your mentor how you can best measure the success and effectiveness of your working relationship together.
- Make it a point to schedule conversations with your mentor and keep those appointments faithfully. Attendance of the faculty advisor is a must during those calls and this is the responsibility of the team leader.
- As you commit to certain steps in your developmental progress or discuss taking educated risks to support the development of your project, keep track of your discussions with your mentor and follow up specifically on those steps when you meet.