Egypt’s COE University Relations Program
The University Relations Program is one of the COE’s Strategic programs.
Our Vision is to become an essential reference for the professors & the students across Egypt and the region and influence them by DT (Dell Technologies) focused technology areas. Our work helps in preparing the next IT (Information Technology) generation and expanding the pool of talents.
The C(4F)2 Hackathon
- Dell Technologies launched its first AI (Artificial Intelligence) Hackathon in Egypt in Collaboration with the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology in March 2021; the Hackathon was opened for students & working professionals.
- C(4F) ₂challenge was to help reducing carbon dioxide emissions coming up from Vehicles and traffic with innovative concepts and skills.
- 56 Teams were accepted out of 431 with over 1700 applicants.
- 6 winners were announced from Students and working professionals & received prizes totaling 12,000$
- To know more about the AI c4f2 hackathon, visit https://c4f2.ai.gov.eg/
- short video about the hackathon here: https://dell-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/youssef_issa/EuD7kN2XnxtLkS7RRtZ2FCEBI6RFArSrmur-JxLsFrWRcQ?e=O7axsu
Envision The Future
- Envision the Future is Dell Technologies’ regional graduation project competition for Middle East, Russia, Africa & Turkey—sponsored by Egypt COE.
- Launched in 2015 with average of 1500 students’ yearly participation, 20+ countries representation and average of 50% Female participation.
- The target of the competition is to spark the creativity of the students and help them win prizes by proposing graduation projects that tackle the Healthcare, Well-Being and education using the technology of AI, IoT (INTERNET OF THINGS) and multi-cloud.
Targeted Students: Seniors Students.
Prizes: Total of 12,000$ and a trip to GITEX Forum in Dubai, UAE.
Benefits: Mentorships, Technology Webinars, Regional exposure.
- Know more about last year’s winners here: https://www.delltechnologies.com/en-ae/blog/celebrating-innovation-with-the-dell-technologies-envision-the-future-winners/?dgc=SM&cid=174557&lid=spr4723311785&RefID=dtw21_spr4723311785&linkId=115975574
- For more information about the program, visit the Competition Website: emc.com/envisionthefuture
The Summer Academy is a 1-month program where students are offered a unique learning experience and get the opportunity to learn and develop many skills that add a lot to their technical knowledge and personal qualifications. In addition to introducing them to workplace and give them career-related experience and exposure to modern technology directions as IoT, AI and VAR.
Deliverables from this program include: Training on Information & Storage Management, Soft Skills trainings, Design Thinking, Hands-on experience in different technologies; IoT, Virtualization, VAR. Leadership Talks, coaching sessions.
Profiles needed: Senior Students with great potential.
In 2020, 41 students representing 16 universities, were selected out of 2000+ applicants.
- Learn more about the program here: summeracademyeg.com
- videos for the summer academy we can add: https://dell-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/youssef_issa/EsJNXRTEYnlMubDVNeGT89cB6QnLv4VKkp9KzfnAyCU6_w?e=uAStNZ
- Another video https://dell-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/p/youssef_issa/EQTMWPueoulEuAFYshqd1OAB2fyMZXEDFfFaI2vM5inoxQ?e=KqbqJv
High School Programs
35 High School Students from 5 Schools
Star Bootcamp program – Summer Program:
A two-week online high school program that aims to equip you with a set of cross-functional interpersonal skills applicable to all areas of life plus technology-focused trainings to make you up to date with the latest IT technology.
Star program – Winter Program:
STAR program is a 4-day program for high school students that prepares them for their future by providing them with sessions in different fields (technology/sales/HR/finance… etc.) and make them prepare a final presentation that they pitch to our panel and present their final presentations